Ground Penetrating Radar
Using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Creek Run has the ability to accurately locate and determine depths of subsurface entities without having to dig or drill. GPR is also a very useful tool in providing key information for the planning and execution of subsurface investigations. Creek Run uses a Sensors and Software Noggin® Smart Cart Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) unit equipped with a 250 MHZ antenna. Using GPR we can:
- Determine and verify locations and depths of underground utilities;
- Identify utility corridors which may allow contaminants to migrate away from a release point;
- Clear an area of underground utilities that has been marked for soil borings;
- Provide accurate locations of underground storage tanks (USTs), including current tanks and tanks that have been closed in place;
- Determine the boundaries of current and former UST excavations; and
- Survey an area for the presence of unknown underground entities.